Welcome to the seventh annual Silmaril Awards, the fantasy character awards. This is one stop of ten where you can nominate characters for the internet’s most unique online fantasy fiction awards.
Also, this year we have a bonus giveway! A complete set of the Lord of the Rings extended edition DVDs. See the end of the post for details
Reader beware. You have arrived within the realm of the Most Nefarious Villain award. Here there be plots and schemes and hearts black as coal. Only the most cruel and dastardly need apply.
Some villains appear fair of form, others foul as death and decay. Some are clever and winsome, others brutish and savage. But whatever kind of villain you choose to nominate for this year’s award, know this: they will not deal kindly with you should they lose. So choose wisely!
But enough preamble. It’s time to nominate the most villainous characters that have ever haunted your imagination.
Read on for the rules and get to nominating!
2022 Silmaril Award Nominations
There are ten awards up for grabs (see the list below for links to the other awards). On this page we’re accepting nominations and seconds for Villains. And not just any villains, the most vile, nefarious, evil villains in all of fantasy literature.
All you have to do to nominate is post a comment with the name of the wicked villain you’d like to see considered for the award. Or, if you notice that the character has already been nominated, you can simply reply with a “second” to the original comment for that character.
The rules for nominating are as follows:
- You may nominate as many characters as you wish.
- You may also second as many characters nominated by others as you choose. The more “seconds” (and thirds, fourths, etc) a character receives, the more likely that character will move on to the voting round, which will feature the top five most nominated characters from each category (the host will break any ties).
- Nominations are allowed for fantasy book characters only! (Movie characters are not allowed, unless the book came first).
- The Silmaril Awards are “lifetime” awards. Characters who have already won a Silmaril in previous years are not eligible to win the same award again (though they may win other awards.) Previous winners of the Most Nefarious Villain include
- For a list of past winners for other awards, please visit silmarilawards.com.
- Also, characters from Tolkien’s works are not allowed. Instead, they are the presenters of the awards. These awards are for all the “other guys.”
This year’s awards
Here it the list of the rest of this year’s awards with links to where you can make your nominations:
- Most Epic Hero
- Most Epic Heroine
- Wisest Counselor
- Most Faithful Friend
- Strangest Character
- Most Mischievous Imp
- Silver Tongue
- Most Nefarious Villain (you are here)
- Most Magnificent Dragon
- Most Majestic Ruler
Our enchanting giveaway
One last thing before you dive headlong into the comments to dredge up your most villainous nominations. Don’t for get the giveaway! Just click on the link below to go to the giveaway page. The grand prize is a complete set of Lord of the Rings DVD’s. Other prizes include: The Hobbit Card Game, a cool dragon bookmark, and assorted dragon stickers!
How’s that for an epic way to start off these awards!